Did you know APS offers its residential customers 3 shade trees for FREE to those who attend a workshop. It is being coordinated by, Doreen Pollack, creator of Garden Goddess and serves on the board of the Valley Permaculture Guild which is working with APS to deliver this program.
Here are the details:
Planting shade trees in your yard can save you up to $50 per year on your energy bill by blocking the sun’s rays and reducing your cooling needs. The APS Shade Tree program provides free shade tree workshops and free trees to help you maximize your energy savings.
The following requirements must be met to qualify for this program:
- Must be a current APS residential customer living in Maricopa County
- Must be able to plant the trees approximately 15 feet away from the western, eastern or southern side of your home
- Must have the legal right to plant the trees on the property
- Must have the ability to care for the tree as needed
- Must attend an APS Shade Tree workshop
The current APS Shade Tree workshop and tree pickup dates are coming up this fall, to for more details and specific dates visit APS and go to their Notify me when new Shade Tree Program events are added. You can learn more about this program at aps.com/trees.