Famous green architect and author, Eric Corey Freed, will be giving his new presentation for Rogue Green this coming Wednesday 6pm at The monOrchid gallery on Roosevelt in Downtown Phoenix.
Get your tickets!
TICKET LINK - http://
6p – 6:45 – Networking
6:45p – 7p – Change By Us PHX Updates (http://changebyusphx.org/)
7p – 8:30- Eric’s Presentation + Q & A
8:30p – 9p – Community announcements + Door prize winners (Must be present to win)
Topic for the night will be: Attack of the Dodo-Sapiens: innovative new models for sustainable development
Our way of life is killing us. Whether by tradition or habit, the human race does some silly things that hurt us all in the long term. Our cities, buildings and surroundings have been designed around abundant and cheap oil, but now we have painted ourselves into a corner and are stuck there.
The next generation of buildings will have to do better than just energy efficiency and recycled materials. Our lack of foresight has made our building toxic, wasteful and unaffordable. Simply “being less bad” isn’t enough and will delay our progress for generations. In order to undo the damage of the past, we need innovative, new models for how to build deep green, bio-based buildings.
In this talk we will explore how the lessons learned from biomimicry, crowdfunding, psychology and history can provide new insight into ways to design and finance living, regenerative buildings for everyone in a matter of decades. We’ll uncover specific, bold ideas for how to retrofit our existing cities and suburbs. Using case studies, we will discover new tools to design and fund a new wave of innovative buildings.
Using biomimicry and organic principles as a guide, we’ll uncover tangible, deployable lessons we can apply to our built environment. With specific examples, you’ll learn innovative methods to sell clients on these ideas, while creating healthier buildings in the process.
This brand new talk is “bullet-point free” (no boring, text heavy slides used). Using rich graphics and video, this presentation will expand your imagination and and provide you a list of actions to take into your own community. Presented by the acclaimed speaker, architect and author of “Green Building for Dummies.”
* Discover how biomimicry (study of nature as designer) can teach us how to transform built environment
* Understand new financial models for developing sustainable building
* Uncover hidden opportunities to radically transform our existing cities and suburbs, and sell it to local agencies
* Discover how voluntary programs don’t go far enough, and the bold initiatives you must implement in your city
* Learn about how to achieve bio-inspired design, solving some of the building industry’s most difficult challenges
* Learn about some incredibly exciting design solutions modeled on designs found in Nature.